27 May 2010

Day Three, 9.00-16.00, Total Time= 17 Hours 40 Minutes

Today I did the same thing as on last Friday. I continued to work on my search terms that deal with Akron. I have not gone outside of the Cleveland Press Collection yet but I should be done with it soon. I went through the other industries found in Akron other than Rubber and Aerospace etc. This included newspapers, places, airports, landmarks, hotels, airships, and events, i.e. riots and murders.


Also today I went through the file labeled Akron-General. In this file I found a lot of things that I looked for on Friday. One of the biggest things that I found was pictures on the U.S.S. Macon. I looked for it on Friday but did not find any information. When going through the general file I found several pictures. In the general file I found many other photos that fit into other search terms that I had defined.


Finally, I spent some time on one photo to try and catalog it properly. It is a photo of a group of people in stands of a stadium or something of the sort. On the back of the picture it said "Rams-Giants, Akron Bowl" and the date stamped was 31 August 1942. I automatically assumed that it meant the Rubber Bowl which was built in 1940 and the Rams pertained to the Cleveland Rams the first NFL franchise in Cleveland. After some research I found that the Rams and Giants did not play in 1942 and in the previous years the two teams had played. However, they played in New York each time. I am not sure where to go with this photo but I think that if I move on then the solution will come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment