05 August 2010

Day Twenty-four, 915-1115, Total Time = 150 Hours

LAST DAY! All I have to do today is present my project to the people of the Cleveland Memory Project. As it turns out there were three other practicum students that presented today as well. The other students practicum topics were; The Cleveland Browns, the good years, Breweries of Cleveland, and Cleveland Housing. All the presentations were very interesting and I liked listening to what other people were doing. I think that my presentation went well and people seemed interested in what I was doing. I was here for two hours and the meeting took up all of these final hours. I am glad that I had my practicum at CSU. I have had a good experience here and learned many good useful skills.

2 comments:

  1. We were very happy to have you as a colleague this summer, Kevin, and thank you so much for your contribution to Cleveland Memory. Let's stay in touch and please consider me as a reference if you need one and Cleveland Memory as a tool you might employ in some future position, now that you're trained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin, congratulations for a great practicum. You have created an excellent new pathway for establishing a digital collection. I hope future students will be able to follow your 'template' in their project. The features you added for Akron metadata (such as identifying Akron neighborhoods in records and linking to the Summit Memory materials) are very creative and meaningful. The survey idea and results are also excellent-- it should be a part included in any digital collection.

    ReplyDelete