14 July 2010

Day Sixteen, 1100-1315, Total Time = 99 Hours 50 Minutes

I decided today that I was going to tackle the two biggest files dealing with Akron; Goodyear and Firestone. These two files were overflowing with pictures and I could have created a gallery with these two files alone. The first step that I took with these files was to separate the pictures into piles: manufacturing, people, World War II, buildings, and unusable. The unusable pile had photos that only dealt with the rubber company and Akron indirectly. This pile also included any photos that I could not determine what the subject matter was because there was nothing written on the back of the photo, or those that, from contextual clues, I could not determine what the photo was dealing with. WWII was an important pile because there were many materials made in Akron and there is a lot of interest in the subject. From the surveys I found that some people wanted to know more about the manufacturing of tires so this pile was important also. From the piles I picked the best representative shots to best tell the story of Akron. Some of the photos may not be the most interesting, but they do shed more light on Akron.

No comments:

Post a Comment