07 July 2010

Day Thirteen, 900-1600, Total Time = 83 Hours 25 Minutes

At the start of the day I talked with Bill and he suggested putting in the replies from the lis-serv questionnaire into alphabetical order. This helped to organize and sift the results into a coherent usable list. There were a lot answers that were more modern and not appropriate for this project, but I did ask for modern ideas of Akron to see if there was something from the eighties. Some ideas that came across the e-mails that I did not think of are the Corsair F4U (built in Akron during World War II), Portage C.C., and Firestone C.C. The Cleveland Press did have some photos on Portage and Firestone C.C. but nothing on the Corsair. After I finished coding the results from the questionnaire I continued to go through the folders of the Cleveland Press to find usable photos for the project. This has become more time consuming than I had thought but I cannot just put anything onto the Cleveland Memory Project site. I should be able to finish doing the selection on Thursday and start digitizing on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment