11 June 2010

Day Eight, 900-1600, Total Time = 49 Hours, 40 Minutes

I had finished going through the collections yesterday and I talked with Bill today on what the next step will be. We talked about what I have found and how I went about researching the information. Bill suggested that I put together a short history of Akron, late 19th through the 20th centuries, not only for the project but to collect my thoughts also. I do not want to have all these items digitized and placed out of order or in a mixed up fashion. I had been using the internet to get information about Akron and Bill suggested finding a modern book on the history of Akron. He also suggested going to the Akron Public Library to talk with the people out there about the Summit/Akron Memory Project and ask if I was missing anything in my search. Even though this project is using the information found in Cleveland I do not want to leave anything out and the people working in Akron will be able to help. He also suggested talking with the librarians at Cleveland Public Library to see if they possibly wanted to add anything to the project. In regards to the Akron Memory Bill also suggested adding a link to the Summit County page so that it will be all inclusive. The project will aim for 150 photos. This is not a steadfast number but one to shoot for. There is the possibility to use some shots of Summit County if the usable photos fall short. Bill had given some suggestions as what kind of photos to conceder adding. They are looking for photos that tell a story, but also balancing with important photos that could be considered boring. I also went through the Cleveland Press articles for information about Akron, i.e. important events or buildings. I found a bit of information here but as of right now I am unsure what I will be using from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment