10 June 2010

Day Seven, 900-1600, Total Time = 44 Hours 40 Minutes

Today I think that I have finished compiling the list of items that is held here at the special collections at Cleveland State University. Before I left last week I was talking with Bill and he informed me that there was a collection dedicated to Wilbur Watson. I found a finding aid for the Watson collection and there was quite a lot about the Akron Air Dock and the industry surrounding it. Today I also searched the American Memory Project and Ohio Heritage North East for information about Akron. A.M.P had more information than O.H.N.E. but most of it was about production during World War II in Akron. A.M.P. also had some photos of houses and the Air Dock. O.H.N.E. has information about Akron but it is very little and most of the pictures are held in Syracuse N.Y. Tomorrow I will talk with Bill about what the next step in the project will be. I am assuming that I maybe working on digitizing the information that I found, but I will find out tomorrow. There has been a lot of information found on Akron in this collection and I think that a possible focus on one or two major subjects that deal with Akron will help to narrow down the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment