25 June 2010

Day Eleven, 900-1600, Total Time = 69 Hours 25 Minutes

I think that I am finally done compiling the data that I need to complete this project. Today I went through the lists that I have created of subjects and their results from the collections at CSU. Bill had asked me yesterday, “What is the scope of Akron that you want to cover?” At the time I did not have an answer to his question. Today I was going to take some time to determine what the scope was going to be, but this took a lot longer than I had anticipated. As I was going through my findings I found that the only direction that I had for the project was Akron. I had yet to put everything into a cohesive order. By sitting down and looking at all of my findings I was able to bring everything into an order and categorize everything into subject groups:

-The Rubber Years

-Transportation

-The City

-Places

-Events

These five subjects will aid me in picking the best pictures for the gallery. To insure that I have looked for everything Akron I went through some of the books that I borrowed from Akron Public Library last week. I did find that there was one major place that I missed up to this point; Polsky’s Department Store. This store is now a part of the University of Akron, much like most things in downtown, but it is still an important part of Akron’s history. As it turns out there is one picture of the building in the Cleveland Press Collection. To look for more search terms for Akron I looked through the Summit Memory website, but I did not find any more information. I have yet to receive any surveys back yet but I am sure that I will be receiving more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment